The Hotel Claridge was a 16-story building on Times Square in Manhattan, New York City, at the southeast corner of Broadway and 44th Street. Originally known as the Hotel Rector, it was built of brick in the Beaux-arts style in 1910-11. It operated for 61 years until the building was demolished in 1972. This photo was taken in the 1940s on 44th Street (Times Square), New York City.
Subscribe to the "Time Capsule" newsletter - filled with curious historical facts and stories.